Plan the Perfect Graduation Trip to Myrtle Beach
College graduates across the country are counting down the days until they walk across the stage and receive the document they’ve been pursuing over the past four (or more) years. The special occasion of graduation calls for a big beach celebration. And Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort in sunny Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, has the perfect lesson plan for a beach getaway.
Whether you’re a student looking to spend some graduation cash on a much-deserved break or you’re a parent looking to give the ultimate present to your recent college grad, Compass Cove and Myrtle Beach have everything you need to guarantee a great time. In keeping with the college theme, here’s one last course schedule to follow for the ultimate post-graduation vacation:
* Recreation: Declare your major in rest and relaxation at Compass Cove Resort, where you can take a short stroll to the beach, kick back on the oceanfront pool deck and tanning lawn, splash and play on the waterslides, and chill out in your clean, comfortable room or on your private balcony overlooking the ocean. And you can do all these things without even leaving the resort property — imagine all the fun extracurricular activities you can enjoy around town in Myrtle Beach, like water parks, golf courses, shopping centers, dance clubs, nature trails and more.
* Oceanography: Time to study up on the wonders of the Atlantic Ocean, which is steps away from your room at Compass Cove. Spend the day splashing in the waves or playing on the beach, or get an even better look by engaging in the many ocean-based recreational opportunities, such as parasailing, deep-sea fishing, dolphin-watching tours and jet-ski rentals. If getting wet and wild isn’t your thing, go for a stroll down the beach and search for seashells and sharks’ teeth.
* Economics: Now that you are about to enter “the real world,” it’s time to learn about spending your hard-earned money wisely. That doesn’t mean being cheap, but rather identifying good value. Compass Cove delivers with affordable accommodations and first-class amenities that won’t bust your budget. Guests at Compass Cove also receive free tickets and discounted admissions to some of the top attractions in the Myrtle Beach area as part of our Sun & Fun Rewards program, as well as free and unlimited DVD rentals. Shopping for bargains is another popular pastime at local venues like The Market Common and Broadway at the Beach.
* Theater: If life truly is a stage, then there’s a lot of life on the Grand Strand, the entertainment capital of South Carolina. Catch off-Broadway performances at The Carolina Opry and Alabama Theatre, see top national and regional touring acts in concert at the House of Blues and Hard Rock Cafe, and enjoy dinner and a show at Pirates Voyage and Medieval Times. There are also free concerts held all summer long as part of the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk’s Hot Summer Nights series, and the Third Annual Carolina Country Music Fest set for June 8-11 promises to be the best one yet.
* History: Myrtle Beach may be known for its bright neon lights and bustling commercial districts, but some of the earliest settlements in Colonial America were started just a short distance from the big city. Built on a former rice plantation, Brookgreen Gardens is the one of the oldest and largest botanical sculpture gardens in the U.S. Hobcaw Barony, Hopsewee Plantation and the historic port city of Georgetown trace their roots back to the 1700s and offer a wealth of options for exploring history firsthand.
There you have it — the perfect course load for celebrating graduation in style. Before you walk across the stage to get your diploma, show how smart you really are by booking your trip now to Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort in Myrtle Beach.Back to All Resort News