Myrtle Beach, South Carolina didn't earn the title “America's Favorite Family Beach Vacation Destination” just because of its depth of fun things to do on the Grand Strand. Myrtle Beach also features a wide variety of activities for visitors of all interests.
Just as Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort has a long list of amenities for our guests, including water slides, Kids Club functions, splash pads and on-site restaurants and bars, Myrtle Beach attracts a diverse crowd looking to take advantage of all the great things the Grand Strand has to offer.
Whether you come for the beach, golf, shopping, dining or the many recreational opportunities, you are sure to find it and more along the shores of the Carolina coast. Here's a look at the options for all types:
* Adrenaline Junkies: If you have the need for speed and the feel for thrills, you've come to the right place. Myrtle Beach has amusement parks (Family Kingdom and Pavilion Park), water parks (Myrtle Waves and Wild Water & Wheels), thrill rides (The Slingshot and The Skyscraper) and go-kart tracks (Broadway Grand Prix and The Track). Oh, and don't forget the wet-and-wild water sports (parasailing, jet-skiing, wind-surfing and more).
* Family Types: Myrtle Beach was designed with families in mind, and you will find lots of fun things to do for the entire crew. Take the family to a zoo or animal park (Alligator Adventure, Ripley's Aquarium and Wacatee Zoo), take a ride on the Myrtle Beach SkyWheel, play a few rounds of putt-putt golf, or simply spend the day relaxing on the beach for some great family vacation memories.
* Foodies: With more than 1,700 restaurants on the Grand Strand, visitors could dine out three times a day for more than a year and still not hit them all. It's better to narrow it down to popular places for seafood (Sea Captain's House and Captain George's), pizza (Ultimate California Pizza and Michael's), burgers (River City Cafe and Wahlburger's), steaks (Angelo's and Chuck's) and, of course, ice cream (Mad Myrtle's and Kirks). The Market Common is another hot spot to take your taste buds for a tour.
* Gamers: Finding great gaming opportunities in Myrtle Beach is as easy as a click of a button. The recently opened Dave & Buster’s offers all the latest, high-tech video games at Broadway at the Beach, while the Fun Plaza on the downtown oceanfront features antique pinball machines and old-school carnival games like Skee-Ball and video games like Pac Man.
* Nature Lovers: Outdoor types have lots of room to roam while exploring the Grand Strand. Myrtle Beach State Park and Huntington Beach State Park provide natural playgrounds for hikers, bikers, kayakers and bird-watchers. For the more adventurous souls, check out the ropes courses and zip lines at Go Ape and Radical Ropes.
* Party Crowd: The Sun Fun Capital also has good times under the moon and stars. Learn to shag dance at the seaside clubs in North Myrtle Beach, take a pub crawl along the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk, or dance the night away at Broadway at the Beach's nightlife district.
* Shopaholics: Looking for a little retail therapy during your Myrtle Beach vacation? Look no farther than Broadway at the Beach, Barefoot Landing, Coastal Grand Mall, The Market Common, and two Tanger Outlet Stores.
* Sports Fans: Myrtle Beach is America’s playground when it comes to sports. World championship golf, surfing, the Myrtle Beach Pelicans, Coastal Carolina University athletics, Myrtle Beach Speedway and all kinds of fun and games can be found on the Grand Strand.
If we left you out, never fear. Myrtle Beach has so many fun things to see and do that you can’t possibly do them all during one vacation. That’s why so many of our guests return to stay and play at Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort year after year. Find out why by booking your Myrtle Beach vacation today.