Mark Twain once cautioned not to let your schooling interfere with your education. While schools may be back in session and fall extracurricular activities are getting into full swing, that doesn't mean you can't still catch one last taste of summertime fun in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. In fact, you and your crew could probably use a nice autumn beach vacation to take a break from all the hectic hustle of fall.
To make your autumn retreat more fun and affordable, Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort is sweetening the deal with a new fall lineup for our Sun & Fun Rewards program, which provides our guests with free passes and discounted tickets to some of Myrtle Beach's top attractions. This free Sun & Fun Rewards package is loaded with great deals and good times to make it easier for families to take advantage of some of the Grand Strand's top entertainment opportunities without blowing their vacation budget.
There’s really no need to feel guilty about rewarding your family with a fall escape to Myrtle Beach, but if it makes you feel better, we at Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort can pose it to you like a homework assignment. The fall Sun & Fun Rewards package is stuffed with “edu-tainment” options that will allow your family to have a great time while also treating your getaway like a learning adventure. Here's a list of attractions — oops, classes — where kids and parents alike can get an “A” in fun just for being our guests:
* Art & Botany: Knock out two credits in one at Brookgreen Gardens, the oldest and largest botanical sculpture garden on the East Coast. Located in Murrells Inlet, Brookgreen Gardens offers 9,100 acres of Lowcountry landscapes, majestic statues, and native flora and fauna that flourish on the former rice plantation. Guests at Compass Cove receive one free adult admission, which is actually good for the entire week, so you can come back and enjoy the Native Wildlife Zoo, the Butterfly House, a boat tour and more.
* Driver's Ed: It's never too early to start teaching the young ones to drive, and Broadway Grand Prix is a great place to show them how NOT to drive. Featuring seven racetracks and souped-up go-karts for some high-speed thrills, Broadway Grand Prix has a little something for everyone, including the little ones. In addition to the racetracks, some featuring two-seated go-karts and kiddie cars, this family fun center also has two putt-putt golf courses, amusement rides and an arcade. Guests at Compass Cove can purchase unlimited, all-day adult armbands for $29.95.
* Marine Biology: The Atlantic Ocean is only steps from Compass Cove, but guests can also explore the depths of the sea at nearby Broadway at the Beach with a visit to Ripley's Aquarium. Featuring giant water tanks filled with sharks, stingrays and other aquatic creatures, Ripley's Aquarium allows patrons to get up close with sea life from all over the world and from the depths of the sea. The fall Sun & Fun Rewards package includes one free adult admission to Ripley's Aquarium.
* Science: Discover the wonder of a mad science lab turned upside down at WonderWorks at nearby Broadway at the Beach. This attraction offers three floors of interactive displays based on the laws of science and nature. Experience zero gravity, G-forces and countless other scientific phenomena, or play laser tag and scale the ropes course on the top floor. The Sun & Fun Rewards bonus features one free adult admission to this family-friendly attraction.
* Film Studies: Compass Cove guests can also take an elective in film studies by taking advantage of the free and unlimited DVD rentals available in the main lobby. Make it a family movie night or catch up on some required viewing on your must-see list.
It all adds up to a report card where the only F’s stand for “fun” and “free.” Find out for yourself by staying with us at Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort this fall and cashing in on the savings of the Sun & Fun Rewards program.