Share Your Myrtle Beach Vacation Memories on Instagram
Here’s your chance to get even by posting pics of you and your crew vacationing in sunny Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Not only can guests at Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort snap shots of the beach, pools and waterslides, but our downtown location overlooking the Atlantic Ocean is surrounded by scenic locales and one-of-a-kind photo ops to preserve your family vacation memories. Here’s a look at some of the best spots to snap a few selfies and group pics to post on Instagram:
* Beach: Of course you want to get the traditional family photos on the beach, but there are a few not-so-obvious seascapes you might want to capture. For starters, if you have never watched the sun slowly rise over the ocean’s horizon, it is a miracle that occurs every morning and is often missed by late sleepers. Even if you go right back to bed, try to catch a sunrise or two — and be sure to snap some time-lapse photos. Shots of seashells and sharks’ teeth you find in the surf are also keepers, and be sure to post pics of your sandcastle before the tide wipes it away.
* Boardwalk: With the southernmost point of the 1.2-mile oceanfront walkway standing at the Second Avenue Pier, guests at Compass Cove are only a nice stroll down the beach or Boulevard from this picturesque attraction. Hop aboard the Myrtle Beach SkyWheel and get a panoramic view of the ocean and downtown district. The Wednesday-night fireworks shows also provide an opportunity to capture the colors exploding over the ocean, and the Hot Summer Nights events present nice photo ops of concerts and entertainers. Of course, you haven’t been to Myrtle Beach without a pic in front of The Bowery and Peaches Corner.
* Brookgreen Gardens: This Murrells Inlet botanical sculpture garden is well worth the 18-mile drive. Featuring more than 9,000 acres of pristine Lowcountry landscapes, blooming wildflowers and ancient live oak trees draped in Spanish moss, the attraction offers an Instagram post-worthy view around every corner. The little ones will love posing with farm animals and snapping shots of wild animals at the Native Wildlife Zoo. The boat rides through the salt marshes reveal unique scenes of old rice fields and sunbathing alligators.
* Hollywood Wax Museum: Your Instagram followers will think you are rubbing elbows with the rich and famous when you post pics of yourself posing with the biggest names and brightest stars from the world of entertainment. Featuring replicas of famous movie sets and scenes along with realistic renderings of the celebrities who starred in the films, Hollywood Wax Museum offers so many photo ops, you may fill up your data storage. The adjoining Mirror Maze attraction also allows patrons to snap some silly shots of their own distorted image.
* The Market Common: Located a short distance south of Compass Cove, this spacious complex is known for upscale shopping and fine dining. But there are also lots of other venues here where you can capture some great shots, such as in Grand Park, Valor Park or nearby Warbird Park, all of which feature tributes to the old Myrtle Beach Air Force Base that used to occupy this space. The playground and picnic areas provide the perfect spots for families to spend a sunny day and take memorable photos.
Be sure to share your posts on Instagram and other social media outlets with your new friend, Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort — your vacation home away from home.
Back to All Resort News