Top 5 Ways to Spend Mother-Daughter Bonding Day in Myrtle Beach
Thanks to changing attitudes about gender roles, girls now can do anything the boys can do - sometimes better. No more sitting on the sidelines while the guys play golf, go hunting and fishing, or any of the other activities previously labeled as “man stuff.”
But does that equality mean women should abandon all the “girly things” in life? Just because you can hang with the guys doesn't mean you have to, especially for mothers and daughters. A girls day out is great opportunity to reconnect with your feminine side.
Myrtle Beach is a great place for moms and their daughters to spend some quality time together while exploring a new destination and sharing new experiences. Leave the boys to play ball on the beach while you two sneak off for some mother-daughter time. Here's a list of suggestions for great ways to spend a full day of mother-daughter bonding:
* Brookgreen Gardens: The scenic floral gardens combined with awe-inspiring statues provide a unique perspective on the beauty of art and nature. Located in Murrells Inlet, this 9,000-acre property sits on a former rice and indigo plantation and features lovely blooming flowers, bushes and trees in a Lowcountry setting. Visit the Butterfly House, the Gullah Cultural Center and the Oaks Plantation home site, then head to the restaurant, gift shop and tea room for some refreshments and retail therapy.
* Dolphin-watching Cruise: Men love to load up the boat and go out to sea in quest of catching as many fish as they can, but you don't have to bait a hook to enjoy the many wonders of a day trip out to the Atlantic Ocean. Several outfitters offer dolphin-watching cruises that allow passengers to get up close and personal with the majestic sea creatures. Most tours sail out of Little River to the north or Murrells Inlet to the south, and the outfitters can almost guarantee they will find at least one pod of dolphins. Grab the camera and capture some magical moments forever.
* Just Because IYQ Tea Room: This Garden City Beach business is a beach-chic boutique that includes jewelry, clothing, accessories, footwear and more, as well as a charming dining area serving lunch and refreshments. Enjoy a light lunch of homemade soups, salads, sandwiches and quiche, but don’t stop there. Just Because IYQ also has a wide selection of baked goods and more than 60 teas to choose from. Book a bridal luncheon or other group event just for the girls.
* Market Common: Nothing mends the bonds of mother and daughter like a little retail therapy. Market Common provides the perfect setting for some window shopping in an urban-style shopping district. Featuring dozens of stores and boutiques in a city landscape, Market Common caters to female shoppers with national chain stores and locally owned outlets. Shop at Bath & Body Works, Bijuju, Chico's, Ivy & Leo, Orvis and Victoria's Secret, enjoy a nice lunch at Crepe Creations and some sweet treats at Cold Stone Creamery, and unwind at the Dolce Lusso Salon & Spa for a full day of fun.
* The Cinzia Spa: Here's the most relaxing way for mother and daughter to spend the day. Located on the North Beach Plantation property, The Cinzia Spa offers a wide selection of massage therapies and ritual treatments, as well as exercise classes for those who want a good workout or a session of cross fit, yoga or Pilates. The Cinzia Spa offers dual massage treatments so you can spend quality time together while being pampered in paradise.
(Posted: 2/12/15)Back to All Resort News