Top 5 Places to Celebrate Your Birthday in Myrtle Beach
The only hard thing about celebrating your birthday in Myrtle Beach is deciding where to spend it. So many fun things to do, so few birthday parties. It all depends on what you're looking for on your special day. Whether it's an adults' night out on the town, a kids' day of fun, or a family-friendly party, Myrtle Beach has plenty of places to act your age, or younger. Here are five great places to celebrate Myrtle Beach-style:
* Crocodile Rocks: For those 21 and over, this Dueling Pianos bar provides a night of fun at Broadway at the Beach. Located in the Celebrity Square night club section, this place gets loud and rowdy with sing-along songs and side-splitting skits. The pianists lead a show that's part music, part comedy and play off the crowd for requests and comedy routines. Birthday guests get the special treatment - a trip to the stage to be serenaded and lampooned in a good-natured manner. After the show, take a pub crawl around to the other bars of Celebrity Square. After all, it's your birthday. Just be sure to take a cab back to Compass Cove.
* Fun Warehouse: If you are a kid or a kid at heart, you'll find something for you at the Fun Warehouse. All the more reason to take the whole family to celebrate a birthday at this Surfside Beach megaplex. Featuring a full-sized skating rink, a 3,000-square foot laser tag room, a state-of-the-art arcade and a pizza parlor all under one roof, Fun Warehouse offers special birthday packages that allow your birthday boy or girl to choose what they want to do, or go all out and do it all. Birthday packages include pizza and drinks and guests can bring a birthday cake and rent a party room. There's also a kiddie playground for the little ones.
* Ripley's Aquarium: Celebrate your birthday underwater at this Broadway at the Beach attraction. Featuring children's birthdays with a mermaid or pirate theme, Ripley's Aquarium's party packages include a personal tour of the facility with an educator, a special birthday greeting from a diver, ice cream and cake in a private party room, a gift for the birthday boy or girl and a goodie bag for all the guests, and a special visit from Sharkee, the aquarium's mascot. Additional options include swimming with the stingrays and a mermaid makeover party.
* Sea Captain's House: Treat yourself to some of the finest and freshest seafood this side of the Atlantic Ocean, which crashes on the beach just outside this Myrtle Beach institution. Enjoy a seafood platter with all your favorites or the signature shrimp and grits for an excellent birthday meal with a view to match. Be sure to save room for dessert, and your server might even hook the birthday guest to a complimentary slice of key lime pie. After dinner, enjoy a few drinks on the patio deck and celebrate another year of your life overlooking the ocean.
* Ultimate California Pizza Game Zone: You don't have to be a kid to kick it at this pizza parlor/arcade. Featuring the latest in interactive video games and the best pizza on the Grand Strand, UCP Game Zone is a great place to have a good time any day, but especially for birthdays. Combo cards give guests pizza and tokens so you can play before and after your meal. The arcade is for all ages, with games ranging from high-tech games for the kids and carnival-style classics like Skee-Ball for the adults. There's also a sports bar where grown-ups can have a birthday cocktail or two.
(Posted: 12/16/14)Back to All Resort News