Ten Places to Dine at Market Common
Market Common in Myrtle Beach is known for its shopping, but it also happens to be one of the best dining stops on the Grand Strand. Featuring 10 restaurants sprinkled throughout the urban-style retail district, hungry shoppers can take a break and refuel on a wide selection of Asian, Mexican, French, Italian and American cuisine.
Like the trendy neighborhood, many of the restaurants are fine-dining establishments along with a few family-casual eateries. Located less than five miles from Compass Cove, this is a great place for guests to take a stroll through the streets, sidewalks and city parks that surround the community. Here are 10 restaurants to check out while you are at Market Common:
* CO Sushi: This pan-Asian eatery specializes in raw seafood wraps and creative sushi concoctions. Guests who prefer their food cooked can choose from a variety of Japanese, Thai, Chinese and Korean offerings. Enjoy hot and cold sake at the bar and discounted rolls for happy hour.
* Crepe Creation: This locally owned and operated cafe puts your favorite foods in a fresh French crepe. From breakfast favorites like omelets and fresh fruits to sandwich favorites such as Philly Cheesesteak and Pesto Chicken, Crepe Creation offers a unique dining experience.
* Divine Prime: This upscale wine and tapas bar features prime cuts of meat, fresh local seafood and an extensive wine list for a romantic fine-dining experience. The tapas menu offers a variety of unique flavors and combinations, perfect for sampling and sharing.
* Gordon Biersch: Part microbrewery and part restaurant, Gordon Biersch features a tasty lineup of house brews as well as its national line of bottled beers. The menu is diverse and creative, using its brews in many of its sauces and marinades. Happy hour features discounted drafts and a wide selection of discounted appetizers.
* King Street Grille: This Charleston-based sports bar has an extensive menu of American favorites, A wide selection of sandwiches, salads, wraps and entrees are available for lunch and dinner, and a huge assortment of appetizers are great while watching the big game.
* Nacho Hippo: This Mexican cantina features a nice open-air porch and serves tasty margaritas that attract a big happy hour crowd. Nacho Hippo puts a unique twist on traditional Mexican cuisine and knows how to have a good time.
* P.F. Chang’s: This popular national chain with the Chinese name actually serves a variety of Asian dishes, from Japanese sushi and hibachi to Pad Thai. Of course, the Chinese dishes are among the house specialties, and the portions are large enough that you won’t have to worry about what you are having for lunch the next day.
* Travinia Italian Kitchen: This place is like going to dinner at an Italian family's home. The aroma of fresh baked bread and spices hits you as you enter the door, and the menu features all the Italian favorites, such as lasagna, veal marsala and chicken parm.
* Tupelo Honey Cafe: This new regional chain brings the flavors of the South together and gives traditional country cooking a makeover. Southern classics like Shrimp & Grits and Fried Chicken get a fresh upgrade, and the country vegetables are a meal by themselves.
* Ultimate California Pizza: Here’s one place in Market Common where diners can feel free to let their hair down. This beach-themed pizzeria offers a long list of toppings to create the perfect pie, plus a nice selection of sandwiches, salads, wraps and flatbreads. Try the house special Big Kahuna if you like your pizza with everything but the kitchen sink.
(Posted: 4/10/15)Back to All Resort News