Experience the Grand Strand’s Great Outdoors with These Local Outfitters
Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort is excited about welcoming you to our luxurious resort in the heart of downtown Myrtle Beach. But we also realize that most of our guests are visiting the Grand Strand to enjoy the great outdoors, and for good reasons.
Featuring 60 miles of white-sand beaches, more than 80 championship golf courses, numerous rivers and waterways that flow into the Atlantic Ocean, and countless acres of maritime forests and pristine wetlands, the Grand Strand is an outdoors paradise for folks who love to breathe in the fresh air and soak up the scenery. From hunting and fishing to surfing and kayaking, we've got you covered.
To help you get ready for your big adventure, here are six popular sporting goods stores and outdoors outfitters in the Myrtle Beach area:
* Bass Pro Shops: Anglers are hooked on this outdoors superstore, which has a lot more than fishing gear. In addition to the rods, reels and lures you can test out in the Myrtle Beach Mall location, Bass Pro Shops also carries an impressive line of hunting equipment, camping gear and even stick-and-ball sporting goods.
* DICK'S Sporting Goods: No matter the name of your game, DICK'S plays it. Boasting an impressive line of sporting goods and gear, footwear and apparel, exercise equipment and accessories, and more, DICK’S has two locations on the Strand. The Coastal Grand Mall store is closest for Compass Cove guests, but the new superstore in North Myrtle Beach has an expanded selection of kayaks and surfboards.
* Gander Mountain: Fall is the peak season for hunting and hiking on the Grand Strand, and Myrtle Beach's newest outdoors outfitter has everything you need. Offering the widest selection of used firearms in the area, this national chain features more than 46,000 square feet of merchandise under one roof in the Carolina Forest area.
* PGA Tour Superstore: Golfers can spend hours browsing around these popular Broadway at the Beach and North Myrtle Beach shops, partly because PGA Tour Superstore has the widest selection of golf gear in the area and even a driving range and putting green where you can try before you buy. There's also a large tennis center and service department where you can get your clubs regripped or your racket restrung.
* Sail and Ski Connection: For every water sport you can imagine except surfing, this downtown Myrtle Beach outfitter is the place to go. From paddleboards and wakeboards to kayaks and sailboats, Sail and Ski Connection has the selection and the service to get you out on the water in no time. The in-house Black Dog Running store has all your footwear needs for those who prefer to stay on terra firma.
* Surf City Surf Shop: If you get the urge to hang ten during your Myrtle Beach vacation, your first stop should be the Surf City Surf Shop on the north end of town. Sure, Compass Cove guests will pass dozens of beachwear stores and national-chain surf shops along the way, but Surf City has quality merchandise and customer service from local experts who can hook you up with the right board and point you to the right spot. Board rentals and lessons for surfing and paddleboarding are available.
After a fun day in the great outdoors, head back to Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort for a relaxing dip in the hot tub, a peaceful rest on your private balcony overlooking the ocean and a restful night’s sleep in your comfortable accommodations. Compass Cove Resort has your Myrtle Beach vacation covered inside and out.Back to All Resort News