The thermometer isn't the only thing on the rise in Myrtle Beach this summer. So are the festivals, and there's no better place for a party than America's favorite family beach vacation destination.
Right on cue, the Grand Strand's festival season heats up with the arrival of summer. It's the perfect time to book your vacation at Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort, which is close to all the action.
Here's a glance at some of the highlights of the summer social calendar. Find your favorites and plan your getaway to Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort to experience the most epic parties of the summer:
* June 1-3, The 63rd Annual Sun Fun Festival: The downtown district comes alive with music, parades and events along the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk and Ocean Boulevard. Beach music plays each day and night with headliners like Jim Quick & Coastline and the Swingin' Medaliions, and the Sun Fun Parade on Saturday is the highlight of the event. For more info, visit www.sunfunmb.com.
* June 7-10, The Carolina Country Music Fest: The fourth annual installment is bigger and better than ever, with headline acts Luke Bryan, Toby Keith and the Zac Brown Band among the more than 30 bands participating in the four-day event. Following the kickoff event Thursday night, the rest is non-stop country music at Pavilion Park in the heart of the downtown district. For more information visit www.ccmf.com.
* The Fourth of July: America's birthday is reason for the biggest celebration of the year and the peak of the summer tourist season. Festivities are held throughout the 60-mile stretch of coastline known as the Grand Strand, including a traditional street parade in Pawleys Island, a patriotic boat parade in Murrells Inlet, and fireworks shows at Broadway at the Beach, Barefoot Landing, the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk and Murrells Inlet Marsh Walk. Every summer it's a blast!
* July 14, The Bud Light Getaway Concert Series: This nationally touring concert series makes its debut in Myrtle Beach this summer at Pavilion Park in the heart of the downtown district. The show features popular acts like Sam Hunt and Dashboard Confessional for a diverse lineup that offers something for everyone.
* Aug. 31-Sept 1, Beach Boogie & BBQ Festival: Send the summer out with a bang at this popular Labor Day weekend event. The name says it all as the two-day party features live music and dancing, as well as some of the top champion cook-off teams in the country compete while serving up samples of their best barbecue at The Market Common. Bring a blanket and an appetite.
* Recurring Festivals: The above listed events make up a nice top-five list of fun summer festivals, the fact is there's always a good party going on in Myrtle Beach during the summer months. The Hot Summer Nights Festival on the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk has something going on every night of the week, and the Summer Nights at Broadway (at the Beach) also offer nightly music and entertainment. Those two venues also host free weekly fireworks shows, as does Barefoot Landing in North Myrtle Beach. Best of all, each of them is free of charge.
Guests at Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort don’t have to look very far to find these festivals and more, including having a blast without leaving the resort property. Featuring water slides, swimming pools, lazy rivers and splash pads. (Oh, by the way, did we mention that the Atlantic Ocean and our beautiful beaches are only steps away?) Compass Cove knows how to show its guests a great time all summer long.