While others may retreat to their hotel rooms and wait out the weather, guests at Compass Cove have a wide range of options for — without leaving the resort property — staying high and dry while also having a good time. While the rainy beaches and Myrtle Beach Boardwalk are empty, Compass Cove is overflowing with these fun activities for the entire family:
* Indoor Pool Deck: You don't need rain to get wet, at least not at Compass Cove. Our two indoor pool areas include waterslides, pools, a lazy river, kiddie pools and bubbling hot tubs for a fun-filled way to spend a rainy day. If showers are light, enjoy the outdoor pools and Silly Submarine Splash Pad, since you are going to get wet any way.
* Kid’s Club: The Compass Cove Kid’s Club offers a wide range of activities for the little ones, including outdoor fun like beachcombing, scavenger hunts and water-balloon battles. But when the clouds send the kids scurrying for cover, the Kid’s Club comes through with indoor activities, such as ice cream socials, pool games, and arts and crafts projects.
* Dining: You don't have to go out in the rain to find a good meal with a wonderful view. The on-site Compass Rose Restaurant serves an incredible breakfast spread of all the favorites with a view of the ocean and resort. Guests can grab a hot cup of coffee from the Compass Joe coffee shop or a cold drink from the Crow's Nest or Tiki Hut.
* To-Do List: Take advantage of the weather break to catch up on things you don't really want to do but should — like working up a sweat with a good workout at our state-of-the-art fitness center, or shopping for a few souvenirs for family and friends back home at the Compass Cove Gift Shop. Or maybe you have a few things on your list you need to do, such as catching up with a few emails and chores online in the business center, or knocking out a few loads of laundry at our on-site facility. Just make sure you're done and ready for more fun when the sun comes out.
* Movies: Beach vacations don't have to be go-go-go. It's also a time to relax, especially when the weather calls for it. Thanks to our Sun & Fun Rewards program, guests receive free and unlimited DVD rentals, so you can catch up on some movies you've been meaning to see. The Sun & Fun package also provides free tickets to indoor attractions that are a nice way to spend a rainy day, like Hollywood Wax Museum, Ripley's Aquarium and WonderWorks.
* Arcade: Nothing takes the kids’ minds off the weather outside like getting lost playing video games. Our on-site arcade features new-age video games and old-school classics to kill some time and quarters. Compass Cove also has a jumbo-sized chess and checker board for a unique playing experience.
Of course, most of your Myrtle Beach vacation will be spent in the great outdoors on the beach, golf course and around town. But with so many things to do indoors at Compass Cove Resort, you can rest assured you will have plenty to keep you entertained if it rains.