Walking Distance: Ocean Reef Resort
And fortunately, there’s plenty to do that’s within walking distance of Ocean Reef Resort. Here’s a short list:
• Pick up a cup at Starbucks. Starbucks opens at 6 a.m., so grab your favorite Starbucks drink on your way to watch the sunrise over the Atlantic. Or, if you’re not an early riser, don’t worry about it. The Long Bay Starbucks, located at one of our sister resorts right next door to Ocean Reef Resort, is open late, too.
• Grab a bite at River City Café. Once you get through a morning of playing on the beach and swimming in the pool at Ocean Reef Resort, head north for a treat at River City Café on 73rd Avenue North, where you’ll find what are arguably the best burgers on the Grand Strand. You can start out by munching on peanuts (and yes, you can throw the shells on the floor), then try a specialty burger—the “kitchen sink” burger platter is a monster treat including everything from bacon to grilled onions to Texas chili.
• Hit some balls at Cane Patch or Jungle Safari Golf. It’s so easy to take the family for a mini golf outing when it’s just a quick 10-minute walk from the hotel. Jungle Safari mini golf is located on 71st Avenue North and Kings Highway, and Cane Patch’s 18 hole Par 3 and driving range is located just a block north on 72nd Avenue North and Kings Highway. Check www.myrtlebeachfamilygolf.com for hours and pricing—and be sure to check for family discounts or specials.
• Hit the beach. It’s right outside the door of our oceanfront hotel! Build a sandcastle, fly a kite, take a long walk, sunbathe or go for a swim. The choice is yours.
• Take in dinner with a view at Martin’s. The newly-remodeled Martin’s is also located at Long Bay Resort, and it’s a great spot for a full breakfast buffet with an omelet station and coffee from 5:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. every day (summer breakfast hours are 7 to 11 a.m.) Martin’s is also open for dinner starting at 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday. Every dinner is a three-course meal with soup, salad, and an entrée. If you like veal, try the wiener schnitzel – Martin’s owner says it’s “the best within 1,000 miles.”
With all these options on the Ocean Reef resort property and within walking distance, you’re sure to find something fun for every member of the family during your Myrtle Beach vacation.
Related ArticlesTaste the Best Seafood in Myrtle Beach at the Sea Captain’s House
See Myrtle Beach on Foot from Compass Cove Resort
Myrtle Beach Restaurant: For Ribs with a View, Try Damon’s Grill on the Water
Good Eats At The Compass Cove Resort in Myrtle Beach