Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, earned the nickname "The Sun Fun Capital" for its multitude of seaside recreational opportunities. The Grand Strand is famous for its 60-mile stretch of beaches and the games visitors love to play, such as surfing, swimming, fishing and golf. But Myrtle Beach also offers lots of indoor entertainment, like the local arcades.
Perfect for those rainy days or cool autumn nights, gaming gives families a chance to have fun and bridge the generation gap by playing a wide variety of amusements. The kids can teach the parents about the latest in high-tech video games, while the folks can show the youngsters a thing or two on the vintage pinball machines, pool tables, Pac Man or Skee-Ball.
Guests at Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort in downtown Myrtle Beach don't even have to leave the premises to enjoy a small taste of an arcade at our on-site game room. Featuring a nice cross section of modern and classic amusements, the Compass Cove game room is a great way to kill some time. But for serious gamers, check out these popular Myrtle Beach arcades:
* Broadway Grand Prix: Better known for its seven go-kart tracks, two putt-putt golf courses and other rides, this Broadway at the Beach multiplex also boasts one of the best arcades in town. Featuring some of the latest racing simulators and other virtual-reality games, the arcade at Broadway Grand Prix provides the perfect place to take a break from racing and enjoy some gaming. Guests at Compass Cove receive one free all-day admission as part of our Sun & Fun Rewards program.
* Dave & Buster's: The newest addition to Broadway at the Beach this summer was this world-famous establishment, part of a national chain of sports bars and arcades. Located in the Celebrity Square section of Broadway at the Beach in the spot previously occupied by the Hard Rock Cafe pyramid, Dave & Buster's provides excellent food, along with plenty of fun in the form of a massive arcade. Featuring the largest lineup of games on the Grand Strand, D&B’s also offers unique phone apps turned full-size arcade games, as well as sports-themed amusements. Come hungry and purchase an Eat & Play Combo pass that includes food and a selected number of gaming credits.
* Fun Plaza: No trip to Myrtle Beach is complete without a trip to the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk and a stop at the historic Fun Plaza. This oceanfront arcade has something for everyone - vintage pinball machines for the older crowd, virtual-reality experiences for the youngsters, and retro video games for those in between. Collect tickets to redeem for prizes, and enjoy a funnel cake and a snow cone on the Boardwalk.
* Fun Warehouse: Find three fun things to do on a rainy day under one roof at this Surfside Beach venue - roller skating, laser tag and lots of video games. The kids can take a break from skating and zapping long enough to experience some of the latest games on the market, and parents can stay entertained by playing old-school amusements while the little ones burn off some energy.
* Ultimate California Pizza Game Zone: This Restaurant Row venue is the perfect way to end an argument about where to go for lunch or dinner. This popular local pizza chain takes fun to the next level at this location, where a large arcade allows the kids to play a variety of video and carnival games before and after they eat. Combo passes provide a personal pizza and a designated number of game credits for one discounted price, and an adjoining sports bar gives the grown-ups a place to hang while the kids “get their gaming on.”
After a fun day at the arcade, head back to Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort to enjoy all the other great things Myrtle Beach has to offer. From fun in the sun to good times in the arcade, the Grand Strand has everything you need for the ultimate beach vacation.