Five Fun Ways to Enjoy an Action-Packed Myrtle Beach Vacation
There's something to be said for a relaxing vacation where the biggest workout is lifting a frozen drink to your lips. But for those who prefer physical exertion and pure adrenaline, Myrtle Beach and Compass Cove Resort have you covered on both ends. Try these fun and easy ways to stay active during your Myrtle Beach vacation and recover with a relaxing stay at Compass Cove Resort:
* Biking/Hiking: Sightseeing is even more fun when you take a self-guided tour on foot or bicycle, which can be rented at various locations on the Grand Strand. Nearby Market Common offers hiking and biking trails, as well as bike rentals through Pedego. Myrtle Beach State Park, located just a couple of miles south of Compass Cove, has the Sculptured Oak Nature Trail for hiking to the beach, and bike lanes on Ocean Boulevard provide a scenic stretch for cycling. The “Hulk” trail on 10th Avenue North Extension and Perrin’s Path behind Pine Lakes Country Club are also popular spots to hike and bike.
* Exercise Classes: Just because you are taking a vacation doesn't mean your workout routine has to do the same. There are numerous places where you can stick with your program, including Compass Cove's state-of-the-art fitness center. For those who prefer a more structured setting, Cinzia Spa at North Beach Plantation offers yoga, Pilates, and CrossFit classes, as do the city-run Canal Street, Crabtree and “Pepper” Geddings recreation centers in Myrtle Beach. Cinzia Spa also holds occasional yoga classes on the beach, and local fitness groups hold group workouts at various points along the Grand Strand.
* Golf: Chasing a little white ball around a field might sound like a curious form of exercise, but the challenge of the sport of golf, along with walking 18 holes, is a great way to get active and have a good time. Compass Cove guests are only a short drive from several layouts, including Whispering Pines, Myrtlewood and the Midway Par-3 and driving range. Book your tee times through the helpful golf staff at Compass Cove for extra savings. Package plans provide discounts on accommodations and tee times. If you want to get the whole family involved, 50 local courses offer a Kids Play Free program with a paying adult.
* Ropes Courses: The growth of extreme sports has been extreme on the Grand Strand in recent years, and it is especially evident in the boom of ropes courses and zip lines that we have seen. Located a few blocks from Compass Cove, the Radical Ropes complex offers the chance to climb high into the canopy and zip through the trees, as do other Myrtle Beach ropes courses like Adrenaline Adventure and Soar + Explore. But for the ultimate ropes adventure, head to Go Ape at the North Myrtle Beach Park & Sports Complex. Featuring obstacle courses and a zip line that crosses a 50-acre lake, Go Ape offers the most natural ropes-course experience.
* Water Sports: Getting wet and wild is a great way to stay cool and active on the Grand Strand. Jet ski rentals, banana boat rides and parasailing provide adrenaline-fueled thrill rides you will never forget. For those who prefer less horsepower, kayaking, paddleboarding and surfing are excellent activities that allow you some quiet time to connect with nature while also working up a sweat. The Strand's latest attraction, the Shark Wake Park at the North Myrtle Beach Park & Sports Complex provides a safe place for water-skiers and wakeboarders to test their skills on a lake with ropes and pulleys.
After an exciting and active day on the Strand, return to your vacation home away from home at Compass Cove Resort so you can relax and recover in a comfortable environment. Whether you want to stay on the go or kick back in the slow lane, Myrtle Beach and Compass Cove are the perfect places for both.Back to All Resort News