* Broadway Louie's: This Broadway at the Beach sports bar has relocated a short distance away in Celebrity Square to make room for the new Hard Rock Cafe, but it remains one of the most popular gathering spots for major sporting events on the Grand Strand. Featuring wall-to-wall big screen TVs and football fans, Broadway Louie's draws big crowds for the largest sporting event of the year. Food and drinks specials, contests, and giveaways are all part of the scene. For folks who prefer a more relaxed atmosphere, duck into Chuck & Duck’s or one of the other neighboring restaurants and bars.
* Bumstead's Pub: Head to the downtown district and see the sights before stopping off at this popular English pub for some American-style football. A hearty crowd spills over into the adjoining Dagwood's Deli, which serves its monster-sized sandwiches and hooks up its big-screen TV to supplement the smaller Bumstead's. Private booths with their own TVs provide some privacy for smaller groups, and food and drink specials include Bumstead's extensive selection of beers from around the world. The back room offers billiards, darts and other bar games in case the Super Bowl score gets out of hand.
* King Street Grille: Here's a chance to make the casual and non-football fans in your party agree to watch the big game. Head to The Market Common for a full day of shopping, dining or relaxing in the park, then cap the day off with a trip to this Charleston-based sports bar chain. Featuring an extensive menu that goes well beyond the traditional sports-bar fare, King Street provides a laid-back atmosphere in the heart of the more buttoned-down retail and dining district.
* Pine Lakes Tavern: Bigger isn't necessarily better, and that's the case with this small watering hole beside Pine Lakes Country Club on the north side of town. For folks who prefer the more relaxed atmosphere of a neighborhood bar, this place is the perfect fit. An outdoor patio deck overlooking Pine Lake is a nice setting for watching the Super Bowl, and the gastropub menu and blue-plate specials provide a nice break from the usual nachos-and-wings lineup. The wide selection of craft beers and friendly vibe make this a hot spot for locals.
* Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery: This national chain has an established reputation for good food and good times, and that motto is magnified for the Super Bowl. The Scottish-themed sports bar has food and drink specials and giveaways throughout the game, as well as its usual festive atmosphere of bar games and hula-hooping Kilt Girls. Located near Broadway at the Beach, the Tilted Kilt is a great place to stop after a long day of shopping or visiting the surrounding attractions.
Of course, you can always enjoy the Super Bowl in the privacy of your oceanfront room at Compass Cove Resort. Spend the day playing at our indoor/outdoor water park or relaxing on the beach to get ready for the big game, or venture down to the on-site Compass Rose Bar & Grill for a great view of the Atlantic Ocean and the Super Bowl.