Dinner time doesn’t have to be that boring thing between the beach and bedtime for your kids during your Myrtle Beach vacation. In fact, the Grand Strand is packed with places that offer a great meal with excellent entertainment for the whole family. Here are five hot spots the kids will love as much as the adults:
* Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament: Go back in time for dinner and a show inspired by the mystical era of kings and their courts. See dazzling displays of sword-fighting, horsemanship and falconry, all performed by Medieval Times' knights. Guests can feast on a four-course meal fit for a king and meet the royal court in person. Shows are held nightly during the summer season.
* Miyabi Kyoto Japanese Steakhouse: If you have a hard time getting your kids to eat vegetables, let your personal hibachi chef give it a try by flipping food into the air and directly into their mouths. That's just one of the many tricks the chefs perform at your table, turning a night out for dinner into a show. Oh, it doesn't hurt that the food is great too. Miyabi has two locations – Restaurant Row and Murrells Inlet.
* Surf's Up Family Fun Center: Your kids will think they have found heaven in this arcade/game room/pizza parlor all under one roof. Enjoy a pizza buffet and an all-you-can-play activity center, which includes a 30-foot rock-climbing wall, a 1,200 square foot play area and a state-of-the-art lazer tag room. Kids can purchase combo cards for food and fun, and they can earn tickets to redeem for prizes.
* Pirates Adventure Fun, Feast & Adventure: This new dinner show takes place aboard two pirate ships surrounded by the 15 feet of water as the dueling buccaneers perform gravity-defying feats and sing pirate songs. This unique show keeps the kids entertained while they dine on a five-course pirates' feast. The show is interactive and the cast meets and greets audience members after the show.
* Ultimate California Pizza Game Zone: Any place that has the words "pizza" and "game" in the name can’t be bad, especially if you happen to be a kid. Featuring high-tech interactive games for the youngsters and old-school classics like Skee Ball and PacMan for adults, UCP Game Zone has plenty to keep the whole family occupied. Children can get an 8-inch pizza with their favorite topping plus a $5 game card for the arcade for only $10.99. There’s also a bar for the grown-ups to relax.